Monday, July 11, 2005

Hidden behind a smile.

Depression it's real and out there. We've all been biten from the bug that makes us sad and lackluster, but there is hope out there. We shouldn't dwell in past mistakes or future problems. Handling each day as if it were the 'best' day of your life is hard at first, also getting adjusted to the fact that we aren't immortal and have a limited time to impact others got me over my depression. As a side note, you can get over this I've seen a lot of my friends battle through it with some measure of success, it isn't a battle that can be fought easily.

Going to al Amir's yesterday reminded me of Edward Said's 'Highclass Society' song. The place could be so much better if they did not play the happy birthday song frequently. Added to the cheesyness of the birthday song, which I may remind you is remixed in Arabic, al Amirs doesn't have much to offer as a place to go to cool down after a hard at work. As if I had work to go to, but thats much beside the point that no one dances. Theres a mixture of Arab, Somaili (they aren't Arab nor do they speak Arabic) and Kurdish men (not good company, nor loyal to Saddam) who just watch the one or two white girls dance. Why don't these men bring girls here instead of just thinking they'd be there? Without much ado al Amir's sucks without a huge group or large amounts of alcohol. I enjoyed it though because I was amongst friends but it could have been a lot better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey btw, the Mossad is watching.
Second Somalia is part of the League of Arab States, you are wrong, Somalis are as much as Arab as Egyptians

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
HTML Counter