Friday, September 09, 2005

bum bumm Bumm!

What does one do when life offers no happiness?

As I walked to campus I passed a thirty year old African American man crawling on the pavement speaking to himself and laughing. I've seen this kind of stuff before in the Austin area, but never like this. There are about 17 grown adults panhandling on the 'drag', sadly many of these people have mental health issues that need to be dealt with. Life in America isn't all that it is cracked up to be, I mean we have a high standard of living but everything has a price. It's the mad drive to be successful and attain a large amount of material goods that drives thousands of Americans of all ages to escape their problems through alcohol, drug abuse and prostitution.

Sleepless nights.
A dangerous mind.
Paranoid thoughts abound.
Life wasn't like this before,
Oh to return to the life of before,
Is it too late or have I strayed too far,
Give me life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
HTML Counter