Sunday, July 24, 2005

Huh?

I don't know what I'm feeling right now, but the events that are occuring around me only strengthens the belief that the world is going to shits. I used to be of the thought that the Iraq war was going to change the Middle East for the better, by removing the authoritarian regimes from power and replacing them with democratically representative regimes that had the full backing of the people. With the elections in Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine that far-away dream of democracy still has not been reached. Saddam's removal has not made the world safer but unfortunately made Iraq and the Middle East as a whole a terrorist epicenter.

The Neo-conservatives have failed me and most importantly have failed America, with their lack of planning and understanding of this diverse region. I do not think that American troops should leave anytime soon, on the contrary I think they should stay until peace is restored and then some. I have a feeling that this 'war against terrorism' is going to last a very long time. I guess it's true that without any pain there isn't any gain.

Personal news: So I went out yesterday with a couple of buddies to a chicks house in a very nice part of town. I guess it was fun hanging out instead of being a hermit at home hours upon hours. I am beginning to understand that I'm not special, having been born an only child it is something that I need to adjust to. So as I said before the worlds going to shits, and it's all everyones fault.

1 Comments:

Blogger Freedom For Egyptians said...

The way to freedom is way long.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
HTML Counter