Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Keep that Frown Rightside up?

I'm getting tired of summer school. I'm not having fun, especially since the class feels more like it belongs in a highschool rather than in a community college. I have a test almost everyday, but I haven't studied for any of them so you can only imagine what my grade will turn it to be. I just need to get through these next 14 days. It's just 14 days right? I think I can... I think I can...I think I can...Choo! Choo!

In other news, the commander of the Christian Lebanese Forces, Samir Geagea is expected to be freed after the Lebanese Parliament unanimously voted for his amnesty without any conditions. He is the only 'criminal' in prison for so-called crimes commited during the civil-war. The Bush doctrine finally worked in these region by allowing the Lebanese to govern their own country, without any foriegn soldiers. The Christian community is recovering, but the diaspora which occured in the last couple of decades may subside with many returning home especially after the Syrian withdrawal. We need to keep the Cross firmly planted in this part of the region, forever. Long Live the Lebanese Forces. I just which we had a similar organization in Egypt, one that defended the lives of Christians, but did it in a non-violent way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Set up a protest against terrorism tomorrow in the streets of Cairo. Do it. Call everyone you know, join together, link up this Egyptian blogosphere and to the streets.

Karim Elsahy

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
HTML Counter