Sunday, March 02, 2008

Distractions

I'm supposed to be reading for Civil Procedure. I've got a ton of reading to get through and very little motivation. There is nothing like learning about alternative dispute resolution, (ADR)! Man am I pumped--I can't wait to get started. Unfortunately, I was supposed to begin over an hour ago.

Man this past weekend been 'odooles' of fun. I really should not be having this much fun while I'm at school.

I spent time with people I genuinely care about. Or at least some of the people I hanged out with I truly care about. It's hard being the only single guy in a group where the majority are married, or have a long-term girlfriend. I've been in that situation before and it doesn't seem appealing to me at this juncture in life.

Moreover, I'm the youngest of my friends--many of whom are focusing on on-campus interviews for law firms. While I can qualify for some interviews, I really have no motivation to dress up, print out a couple of polished resumes and a writing sample for an interview with a big firm. I could care less. That scares me.

It's funny how we start school with a group of friends that we automatically connect with on all levels, and after a while slowly begin to drift apart. I've seen it happen to other people and never thought it would happen to me--unfortunately it has. I'll try not to let my pride get in the way. Enough is enough, no more burning bridges.


Disgruntled hungover law student out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
HTML Counter